Wednesday 4 February 2009

Looking for a job.

Im in a bit of a quandry with myself at the moment. Now it is very important to me that I am a stay at home mum. I want to be here for the kids but I also want them to see us achieving things. I dont want to be working all day and barely seeing them. That isnt why I had kids. I had them to watch them grow and enjoy them and enjoy being a mum. I know it means we have less money but I would rather buy netto beans and get to be with them then shop at waitrose and miss all the important things to me. Im not having a go at anyone else though. This is what is important to me and my family. Every family does what is best for them. Anyway so I want to raise a deposit to buy a house. We are paying a fair amount more in rent that we can afford and a mortgage would be cheaper. Plus the extra cash after we have saved for a deposit would always come in handy for treats and things. So I am trying to find ways to work from home. We have also talked about my partner working part time so he can be with his son when he is here. So now I just need to think of lots of ways I can work from home and apply for any (if there are any) jobs where companies want home workers. Feel free to give me ideas. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I stumbled across your blog through Robert's blog. You sound like a lovely Mum who enjoys being with her children. Nothing is more precious than spending time with them before they start school. I was interested to hear that you are looking to work from home and just wondered what your hobbies/interests are as this can often be a good pointer when looking for work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got your priorities right! Spending time with your children is better than getting rich. Preschoolers really benefit from having a parent around all the time.

    There are quite a lot of internet based earning opportunities, but steer away from any of the "get rich quick" sites - they never work. Also, the less skill required to do the job, the less money you'll get paid. but you can pick your own hours & that's worth earning as little less for.

    Good luck with the job hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robert yes it is more important to be with the kids. I have felt a bit more normal lately and back to doing the stuff me and the kids like doing together.

    I have set up a website and am looking at getting that running properly. It may only make a tenner a month but hey ho heheh.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellen its nice to see you on here.

    Thank you its very nice of you to say.
    My hobbies er im not really sure. Most revolve around the kids. We have an allotment that we need to get sorted and we go camping a lot. In fact I am camping obbsessed. :D

    ReplyDelete